Saturday 27 October 2012

8sai Pamphlet talk about Nishikido Ryo

8sai Pamphlet
Here are continue from Ryo full pamphlet. I cut it in some part where the members talk about their beloved member Nishikido Ryo ^_^ This is so nostalgic~ 

From Hina 8sai pamphlet – Ryo as tactician

Yasuda: Then what do you think of Ryo?
Murakami: His stoicism. When he's interested in something, his curiosity and inquisitiveness are amazing, he really gets absorbed. At the same time though, he's always got a radar up because he wants to know about such a wide range of things. I also think that it's good he "doesn't think unnecessarily deeply." He's a different type of "kid" than Yoko.
Ohkura: Ryo-chan said that you guys hung out together a lot around the third year after our group was formed, but was there a reason that started too?
Murakami: There was nor meaning to it or anything (lol). We just kind of did.
Ohkura: From Shin-chan's point of view, are there parts about Ryo-chan that you think have changed?
Murakami: When NEWS debuted. I could tell that Ryo had gone through lots and learned lots. Like when we had concerts as Kanjani∞, Ryo would tell us about the things he'd learned as NEWS about goods and costumes; and then when NEWS had concerts, he'd come to us and ask "How do I do the MC bit?" I could see that he was feeling responsible and that he was acting ont it.

From Yoko 8sai pamphlet- Ryo as on the fine line

Ohkura: Then is Maru the first one Yokoyama-kun warmed up to among the younger members? I had this image of you hanging out with Ryo-chan a lot before.
Yokoyama: You wouldn't think so, but Nishikido and I actually like the same kinds of things. Like games and our hobbies and stuff. But it wasn't anyone in particular, I think I went for food and stuff with all of you.
Yasuda: We used to go for yakiniku a lot.
Yokoyama: Because I used to love yakiniku.
Ohkura: Then since we've mentioned Ryo-chan, what's your image of Ryo-chan?
Yokoyama: Nishikido is just really clever. He's got an absolute confidence when it comes to music especially. His ideas are amazing too. Nishikido's taken the initiative to figure out our concerts these days, and I feel comfortable leaving it to him. There's lots about music that Nishikido understands better than I do, and I know that he studies and works hard a ton more than he lets on.
Yasuda: True, he does really work hard for our concerts and stuff too.
Yokoyama: But, it's not fair (lol). Like suppose something happens before a con and Nishikido's struggling with something and he gets really irritable; everyone's like, "...I wonder if he's okay?" You know how that happens, right? And then the show actually starts and you glance at Nishikido, only to find him just beaming at you. You're like, "Hey hey, weren't you mulling over something just now? "We were really worried about you, what're we supposed to do now?" Doesn't that happen a lot (lol)? I still don't understand that part about Nishikido. Well, the one thing I can say is that he's the stereotypical youngest child. And he's the most "human" of us all.
Yasuda: I guess that's what makes Ryo, "Ryo."

From Subaru 8sai pamphlet- Ryo as moody

Yasuda: ANOTHER was a huge thing for us.
Ohkura: So, by the way, before that play, when Subaru-kun was working in Tokyo, did you work with Ryo-chan a lot too?
Shibutani: I only saw Ryo at random idol magazine interviews and stuff.
Ohkura: Like, you two are totally different types of vocalists, you know? Subaru-kun's like the one who sings instinctively, and Ryo-chan's like, he think, and he thinks, and then he sings... or something like that, or at least that's how I see it.
Shibutai: Mm~, this is just my personal take of it, but for me, Ryo's existence puts a lot of pressure on me, in a good sense. Beacuse of Ryo's presence in Kanjani∞, I find myself trying to be a completely different type of vocalist, or like...
Ohkura: And Ryo-chan, he gets really involved when it comes to music too, so.
Shibutani: That's the exact reason I think he's important for us, I don't think it'd work out if we did the same thing. Like, this is just an example... for Ai deshita, if I played my guitar as I sung, I'd be the same as him.
Ohkura: So that's why Subaru-kun doesn't play the guitar for it.
Shibutani: Of course if the need arises in future songs, I will. It's just that, I think Kanjani∞ looks better with an absolute vocalist. I'm not saying it has to be me or anything. Ryo singing and me playing the guitar would totally work too. We can express ourselves in any way we want, but the one thing I want to protect is what makes Kanjani∞, "Kanjani∞."
Yasuda: I never knew you thought like that.
Shibutani: But I've never talked deeply about music with Ryo. But you know how he took took charge and really actively took part in coming up with the structure and all? We're different types of guys, but we're both the same kind of passionate at our roots, so even if we don't talk, we understand each other. I can't really explain it well, but see, Ryo, he puts on this cool, "not-trying-hard" face, but he's actually thinking really quickly and he's really clever; I think he's an unequivocal presence in our group.
Ohkura: Only Subaru-kun could analyze him like that.
Shibutani: Though you know, sometimes he's way too impatient (lol). Also, he's easy to read. It doesn't matter whether it's during a show or not, his emotions totally show up on his face (lol).
Yasuda: Now that's something we see too! (lol)
Shibutani: Well, also, if we're talking about Ryo, I do think that Ryo had it the hardest when Uchi left.
Yasuda: You're right.

From Maru 8sai pamphlet- Ryo as hidden folded eyelids

Ohkura: Wen you think about it, Maru goes out for food with the most members.
Maruyama: Not like I do it consciously, but yeah, you're probably right. Ryo-chan invites me out for karaoke a lot these days.
Yasuda: But you and Ryo end up fighting now and then when we're at work, don't you? (lol)
Maruyama: Because I think that Ryo-chan's the kind of guy for whom it's best to go and say what you want to say right in his face. We do have the same aim, to get the audience to have fun, so.
Ohkura: I see. It's true your fights aren't like, actual "fights." And it's not like all of the members always agree on things either, so.
Yasuda: Yep, that's how it is, the two of them are just really honest and straightforward.
Maruyama: Also, I always think of Ryo-chan as a really clever guy. He's got luck in terms of work too. Of course he's able to go into that direction because he puts in that much effort thouigh. Although he's sometimes he's such a brat that I can't keep up with him (lol). But I think that's also one of the reasons Ryo-chan is loved so much.
Ohkura: When our group was first formed, did you ever feal jealous about how much of a "star" he seemed to be?
Maruyama: I wonder? I think I was like, "Ah, it's Ryo-chan again." But I thought of him as the one who goes aggressively forwards and pulls the group along with him. Speaking of jealousy, there actually was a time that I felt some when I saw Sho-chan.

From Yasu 8sai pamphlet- Ryo as same age

- What about Nishikido-kun?
Yasuda: He's the one and only one in the same grade as me. We don't hang out much togther these days, but when Ryo was doing 1 lLiter no Namida, we'd be with each other a ton. I'd go to his hometown when we were still Jr.s and stuff too. That's how our relationship was, so at first, we were more just "friends" than "members." If we're talking about personalities, I thought of him as a difficult person. For Ryo, if you happen to touch on something that he's bothered about, he'd explode. He'd just bite real hard if it was something he didn't agree to. And this is something that's still true right now. His mind works really fast and he makes really convincing arguments; he doesn't just bite, what he says really make sense sometimes.

From Okura 8sai pamphlet- Ryo as…

Ohkura: For Ryo-chan, in a good sense, my impression of him changed. He's really sensitive to all kinds of things.
Yasuda: That's something that I felt too. Sensitive and naive. His has a really quick mind, so among the members, he's always the first to react to things. Speaking of which, he was the most nervous out of everyone for these interviews, wasn't he.

Ryo-chan's in charge of the live performance bit… Ryo-chan's guitar as the "offense" type…


Ends from 8sai Pamphlet @i-------&------

 
Yeah! this is so NOSTALGIC~


No comments: