Thursday 12 January 2012

Eito Potato Feb 2012: Home & Room & Life Information


Okay, this is most of the Eito pages from the February '12 Potato.  Some of the questions weren't asked to all the members, for whatever reason, so that's why it may look like people are missing.


Eito's Dream Houses

Yoko's dream house 

 
There's a TV and sofa in the living room, and two other rooms: a bedroom and a hobby room. It's nice and compact. The bedroom would be simple, with blackout curtains that you can draw and have the room completely dark. In the hobby room I want a sofa and lots of manga and figurines. I want to make it a room where I can feel calm by myself. I want a pet someday, maybe a miniature Schnauzer because they're cute.

Subaru's dream house

 
This space…yes, it all belongs to me! (lol) There's a bridge in the middle. In the pond, I'd put the fish I like so I could go fishing in it. The pool is for swimming in. The gym would be just for me, and the second house is for guests. The house looks kind of small, but it's four stories tall.

Ohkura's dream house 

 
I'd like to build a house in a residential area a little bit outside the city! The first floor would just be a 50 tatami mat (76.5 sq m, 823 sq ft) living room. There would be no partitions or anything, just a big open space. The biggest particular of this house is that you're able to admire the cars in the garage from the living room. The walls between the garage and the living room will be made of glass, and I want a yellow sports car in the garage. On the second floor there will be a bedroom, a guest room, and a hobby room/library. The 10 tatami mat (15.3 sq m, 164.68 sq ft) library would have books, manga, games, toys, and a special chair set aside for reading in. I also want a spacious balcony so I can do gardening or have friends over for barbecues.

Maru's dream house 

 
A house built on vast, park-like grounds is my dream. You come out onto a meadow and there would be a private beach. If I'm thinking of something like this, I guess it'd be in theShounan area, maybe? My particular for the building is a big bath. I want a bath made out of Japanese cypress wood that's big enough for 10 people to be in at once and easily stretch out their legs. Open-air baths are the best! Other than that, I definitely want a walk-in closet and a nice big shoe closet! The second floor would be a private space for my family and me, so it's a secret.

Ryo's dream house 

 
On a plot of land in the suburbs that's about 1000 tsubo (3950 sq yards, 3310 sq meters), I want to build a house that's kind of like a warehouse. You enter through a huge gate and walk down a stone-paved path to get to the house. I imagine something that looks like Al Pacino could live there. There'll be a pool in the garden, and in the winter I would drain the water so people can skateboard in it. In the house's half-basement there's a garage where you can park a lot of cars, motorcycles, and bicycles. From there, you can go up a spiral staircase to the first floor, a spacious living room with a fireplace, a DJ booth, a big screen, and a bunch of speakers.

Yasu's dream home

 
I want to live in an apartment in Okinawa with an ocean view. In the living room I'd hang my own art and have decorative plants. I want a home where I can get people together and have a good time. In the bedroom I'd like to have candles and audio equipment, and for the bed a king or queen size would be the best.

Hina's dream house 

 
I want to live in a housing complex in Monaco. The first floor will have a 250 tatami mat size (382.61 sq m, 4,118.38 sq ft) living room. The kitchen, closet, TV and everything will be able to be put away near the wall, and when you push a button, goal nets will come out of the walls on each end (lol). Basically, I want a living room that can transform into a futsal field at the touch of a button. Outside in the yard I want a big soccer field, so when it's sunny I can play soccer outside, and when it's rainy I can play inside. It's a perfect dream house for a soccer lover like me! I also want a spiral staircase in the living room, leading directly to the roof.

Q: In your home, where do you spend the most time/where do you feel most comfortable?

Yoko: I'm always sitting on the sofa doing something. My home is extremely simple. I've got a leather sofa, a table, and speakers. When I get home, I sit there and relax. I don't have anything like an "interior theme." It's really simple! As for color, there's a lot of black, and if I had to say it's got a "modern" feel. In my room I usually watch TV, read manga, or listen to music. I love manga, so I have a whole lot of it, but I pretty much just read the same ones over and over. "I'll read this one for the third time," and such, is pretty normal for me.

Subaru: Usually I'm sitting on the sofa in the living room. I've got a brown sofa, a table, and a TV. The dining table is elsewhere. When I get home, I flop down on the sofa, turn on the TV, and relax. For interior design, I like wooden-type stuff, so my table and chairs are mostly wood. I don't really use colors. A "natural" feeling puts me at ease, so that's what I like. Since I really like vintage clothes, I've got a room that's just for clothes, and that's my favorite space. If I run out of space, I'll periodically pack stuff up into cardboard boxes and send it to kouhai. Even so, the clothes still multiply~

Ohkura: Rolling around on the carpet~ The room I'm in the most is definitely the living room. I lie on the carpet and watch TV or read; I'm always doing the same thing (lol). More than sitting on the sofa, I feel at home lying on the carpet. I don't have any particulars about the interior decorating, but my furniture is calm colors, like black and brown.

Maru: On the bed! Obviously I sleep there, and I write my jwebs there, use the phone or write emails, read books and scripts, play my bass, watch TV or DVDs…pretty much everything outside of eating, I do in bed. The sun comes in through the east-facing window and it feels great! It gets really hot in summer though, so I always wake up drenched in sweat.

Ryo: I love the corner part of my L-shaped sofa! I sit there so often that it's gotten a bit misshapen. I often sit there touching my stomach, with my legs thrown onto a rolling table. It's bad manners, but I wouldn't do it outside my house, so forgive me. While I'm there I play the guitar, eat, and use the computer. I fall asleep just like that a fair bit, too.

Yasu: The sofa in the living room. I sit there and listen to music or play the guitar. Drinking beer and playing guitar is absolute bliss. I also watch TV and movies. The other day I watched a movie Ryo recommended to me, Law Abiding Citizen. It was really good~ I don't really have any particulars about my room, but I do light candles a lot. I like big ones that smell good. Lately my favorite scent is vanilla. I like to turn out the lights and just relax.

Hina: Sitting at the dining table. When I'm at home, I'm usually sitting at the dining table, watching TV. Truthfully, I don't have much stuff in my house, so the most "furniture-like" thing I have is the four-person dining table and chairs.

Q: What do you usually wear around the house?

Yoko: Matching pajamas! I have a ton of them, so I rotate. This morning I was wearing red checkered ones. When I get home, I take a bath and then put on pajamas to get into sleep-mode. I pretty much wear the same thing whether it's summer or winter.

Subaru: Sweatpants and t-shirts. I've got a lot of sweats in black, navy blue, and grey. The t-shirts are crappy ones I've gotten as souvenirs and stuff (lol). When I get home I change into sweatpants, and after I take a bath I put on a t-shirt. As far as preferences, for sleeping I have to have short sleeves. I take off my sweats, too. Somehow getting into bed with stiff clothes like that feels weird.

Maru: Tracksuits! The ones I'd wear during practices for Gilbert Grape, or ones from athletics companies. I sometimes buy tracksuits to wear at home, or I just wear stuff I can't wear in public anymore. For loungewear I like stuff that's light and comfortable. I sometimes wear size XL t-shirts, but having on something that looks nice enough to run out to the convenience store is important, I think.

Ryo: When I get home, I just take off my pants. So on top i have a t-shirt, and on the bottom is underwear. When it's summer I wear nothing but swim trunks. I like these super stretchy kind of swim trunks so I've got about six pairs. They're comfortable and they dry fast when you wash them. I like that I can wear them to go surfing, too, since that way I have less laundry to do.

Yasu: Checkered long-sleeve pajamas. When winter started I wanted to wear long sleeves, so now I'm wearing some old pajamas. They're long-sleeve checkered ones I bought two or three years ago. I change into them as soon as I get home because I can't feel relaxed if I'm in regular clothes. I don't really have any particulars for what I wear around the house. Anything's fine. I wear the same thing to sleep in, too.

Q: Do you ever invite friends to your house? When you go to someone's house, what do you pay attention to?

Yoko: I've never invited anyone to my house. I haven't been to any of the member's places, either. I've been to Subaru's house once, though. We were on the way home from something and I was there for a minute. My impression? It was simple. I didn't look around very much, so I don't remember very well!

Maru: I don't invite people to my house! My room's really messy, and I don't want people to see it. I'm not really good at showing my private life to other people. On the other hand, I love going to other people's houses~ The thing I keep in mind is not to fart. Also, to make sure my shoes are lined up neatly, to be clean when using the bathroom, and to put things back where I found them. I usually bring drinks as a gift.

Ryo: I pay attention to washing the dishes! If they feed me, I'll wash the dishes.

Yasu: I do! I have parties at my house. Isn't it pretty normal to invite people over? Recently when I was in a play I had the cast and crew over for a curry party. There were people who are good at cooking, so they made the food. If I go over to someone's house, I always ask if there's anything they need. If there is, I'll go and buy it, and if not I'll just come over. It's not much, but that's the way I am.

Q: Which of your household appliances are you picky about?

Subaru: I'm not picky about anything~ Ah, I did have all the air conditioning units in my apartment replaced! I guess I wanted to make them clean and new. That's it (lol). If I have time in the morning I like to drink coffee, so I have a coffee maker. But that cost me like 980 yen. There's not really much worthy of talking about in my house.

Ohkura: I like cooking, so I'm picky about my refrigerator. Even though I live alone, I've got a 4-shelf family-sized refrigerator. I cook for myself a lot, so the refrigerator is always full of vegetables, meat, pickled vegetables, ice cream, seasonings…basically it's got all kinds of stuff in it.

Maru: The electric kettle, I guess. It's the kind that can steam with water, too. I have a microwave, but I don't really know how to use it, so I don't use it much at all. The thing I use the most is the electric kettle. It boils water in the blink of an eye, so in the morning I'll drink hot water, and at night I'll drink ginger tea. Also, I like these specialty telecommunications speakers I got as a novelty

Hina: The only thing I'm picky about is the vacuum cleaner! I use a cyclone type. Other than that I really don't have any preferences. I don't care about the brand of my TV or DVR, and I don't frequently buy new appliances. Right now, my TV, refrigerator, rice cooker, and vacuum are all probably about seven years old.

Q. What's the most delicious meal you've ever made? What about the worst?

Ohkura: Recently at home I've been making a stir fry with cabbage, bean sprouts, chives, and pork. I'll also sometimes make meat and potatoes, but the other day I thought I'd make some with a little less water than usual, so I turned up the heat to boil it and ended up burning it…I'd never messed up meat and potatoes before! It really sucked (lol).

Ryo: A stir fry of pork, mushrooms, and oyster sauce. It was maybe a month ago, I made it using a recipe in Kentaro-san's [google suggests Kentaro Kobayashi?] book and it was really delicious. It went perfectly with white rice. I saw the recipe book in a dressing room or at a friend's house or something, and this recipe looked so delicious that I took a picture of it! It's okay to do that, since I wasn't in a bookstore, right?

Yasu: Curry! I don't really cook often, but I like making curry so I make that regularly. The other day I made chicken, vegetable, and mushroom curry with a little beer in it. The meat got tender and it was tasty. In the past, the most delicious meal I've ever made was takikomi gohan. I put in chicken and konnyaku and it reminded me of the stuff my mom used to make. I called her for advice before I made it, so it turned out really good!

Hina: When I have time, I cook at home. But since I'm just making it for myself, I don't really care about flavor as long as it's edible. Honestly, I don't make anything that good (lol). Now that I think about it, a while ago I made summer vegetable curry, and I put some of the ingredients in at the wrong time and totally messed it up (lol). I was trying so hard, but I boiled it for too long and it totally didn't have the crispness it should have. It couldn't be helped, though, so I reheated and ate it every day until it was gone. By the end, all the meat and vegetables were starting to dissolve! (lol) 


---------------------~@~-------------------

LIFE DATA 

Yoko
Rate your "house husband level"
10%. I can't do housework at all. I said 10% because if I decide to do it I'll do it, but I usually don't.

What's the longest and shortest you've slept recently?
Longest: 8 hours. Shortest: 0
If I can, I like to sleep for 8 hours. It's the best for me.


How long do you spend in the bath? Where do you start washing?
40 minutes. From the head!

Subaru
Rate your "house husband level"
2%. I hate housework, and I don't really do it, but if I decide to do it I've got to do it completely, cleaning and laundry. So it usually takes me the whole day. The laundry really piles up, so I've got to do a lot of loads.
What's the longest and shortest you've slept recently?
Longest: 13 hours. Shortest: 30 minutes.
I sleep excessively. I can easily sleep for 13 hours.


How long do you spend in the bath? Where do you start washing?
20 minutes. From the head.

Ohkura
Rate your "house husband level"
70%. I can do anything! The breakdown is: cooking 50%, cleaning 10%, laundry 10%.

What's the longest and shortest you've slept recently?
Longest: 12 hours. Shortest: 30 minutes or so. But when that happens I always have a nap (lol).

How long do you spend in the bath? Where do you start washing?
On average, 30 minutes. I wash from my head.

Maru
Rate your "house husband level"
1%! I don't do anything. The maid does it all. No, that's a lie. I take out the trash, do my laundry, draw the bath, and sometimes clean. Even so, it's 1%.

What's the longest and shortest you've slept recently?
The longest is 14 hours, and the shortest is 6. There are times when I've slept less than that, but somehow I don't want to say (lol)

How long do you spend in the bath? Where do you start washing?
[some sort of nonsense pun on "minutes"] 40 minutes!
I can't really soak in the bath for more than 20 minutes, so the whole process of bathing takes about 40 minutes. I stay in long enough to feel truly soaked.


Ryo
Rate your "house husband level"
20%. When I have to do stuff, I'll do it.

What's the longest and shortest you've slept recently?
The longest is about 15 hours. The shortest is not sleeping.

How long do you spend in the bath? Where do you start washing?
I don't take baths. I spend about 10 minutes in the shower.

Yasu
Rate your "house husband level"
10%. I can't really do much. I love doing housework with other people, but I hate doing it alone. So, my "house husband level" would be around 10%? Because I can do the minimum. The household chore I like to do is laundry. I like the smell

What's the longest and shortest you've slept recently?
Longest: 12 hours. Shortest: 30 minutes.
It's been all over the place recently, but on average it's about 5-6 hours. I'm fine without too much sleep.

How long do you spend in the bath? Where do you start washing?
30 minutes. From the head.

Hina:
Rate your "house husband level"
It's 100% (lol). Cleaning, laundry, cooking, I can do all of it myself with no problems. The breakdown is: cleaning 33%, laundry 33%, cooking 33%, and other stuff 1%.

What's the longest and shortest you've slept recently?
Longest: 7 hours. Shortest: An hour and a half, maybe.

How long do you spend in the bath? Where do you start washing?
30-40 minutes on average. I wash from my head.



credit to L. a.k.a spurious

No comments: